It’s incredibly important that you know your legal rights before you are stopped and/or charged for a DUI offense. That’s why we created 8 simple steps to follow if you ever find yourself under investigation for DUI. We recommend printing this page and carrying it with you at all times in case you are stopped for DUI. If you are stopped, refer to these 8 simple steps and contact us as soon as possible to discuss your situation.
1. When an officer makes contact with you, be polite at all times.
2. Have your license, registration and insurance ready.
3. Comply if the officer asks you to step out of the vehicle.
4. If an officer asks if you’ve been drinking, invoke your 5th Amendment Right to remain silent!
5. Call your attorney ASAP (MY CELL #: 602-663-7592).
6. Refuse all field sobriety tests.
7. Refuse the Portable Breath Test.
8. DO NOT REFUSE THE BLOOD OR INTOXILYZER TEST (If you do, officers will get a warrant to take your blood and your license could be revoked for 1 year or more in some cases)
Remember, a DUI conviction can result lengthy jail sentences, fines, and loss of driving privileges to name a few. If you have been charged with a DUI, it is important that you consult with our experienced DUI attorneys who will aggressively fight for your rights and attack your case at the outset.